The Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIDC) will be hosting a Buyers Programme from June 5-7, 2019 in collaboration with the Barbados Manufacturers Association (BMA) and Caribbean Export Development Agency (CEDA). The Programme, which is intended to be a supporting activity for BMEX, pursues the following broad objectives:
- To bring to the awareness of the international buyers, the range of products and services produced in Barbados
- To facilitate new business opportunities for local manufaturers
- To provide an occasion for local manufacturers to benefit from the feedback of international buyers
- To encourage the participation in BMEX of local companies with products and services of international quality and standards
- To showcase the country's industrial and business environment
2019 is the fourth year of the Buyers Programme which embraces 10 regional and international Buyers from a number of countries including the United Kingdom, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Dominica, Grenada and other CARICOM countries. Entrepreneurs and established, exporting businesses alike can benefit from contracts and successful relationships with regional and international buyers. Success in the Buyers’ Programme and an increase in exports can potentially result in employment growth, import replacement, export earnings and improvements in the industrial sector’s contributions to Barbados’ economic stability and transformation.
Buyers will have three official days in Barbados (June 5-7) departing on June 8, 2019, and will be exposed to the following:
- One-to-One’s: Pre-arranged meetings or matches between buyers and local manufacturers and services companies
- Business Brunch: A Product Showcase/B2B Meeting and Networking Brunch from 10.30am to 1.30pm on June 6th, 2019 at Bagnall’s Gallery, Pelican Craft Centre
- A briefing event and B2B space at BMEX coordinated by the BMA
- Rum Tour: An industry tour of Foursquare Rum Distillery
- Attendance at BMEX Opening Ceremony and Buyer’s Day
- Closing dinner
The 2019 Buyers Programme presents significant opportunities for exporting businesses, both large and small. Interested exporters and other business persons may contact the BIDC at 427-5350 or e-mail Glendon Ashby at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.