GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES - FOOD SAFETY TRAINING AND EXPO
Monday, January 20, 2020 - 09:00 to 16:30
Bagnall's Point Gallery, Pelican Village, Bridgetown, St. Michael
The Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIDC) in collaboration with C&G International Inc. will be hosting a one-day Training Workshop and Expo on January 20, 2019.
This workshop is specifically geared towards food manufacturers and processors. The presenters are Dr. Glyn Williams and Ms. Cheryl Collymore from C & G International Inc.
The workshop will consits of four (4) sessions.
- Session 1 - A brief introduction to Food Safety, Food Borne Illness and Injury and Product Contamination and Adulteration (09:00 - 10:15 a.m.)
- Session 2 - Understanding the External and Internal physical conditions of a facility necessary to satisfy GMP & food safety requirements (11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon)
- Session 3 - How to satisfy the Sanitation and Personnel Hygiene requirements of a food safety system (1:00 - 2:15 p.m.)
- Session 4 - Understanding the growing significance of Allergens in food safety and how to prevent allergenic cross contact (3:00 - 4:15 p.m.)
At the end of the Workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the need for food safety within a manufacturing facility
- Understand the importance of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in food processing
- Identify acceptable and unacceptable GMPs and necessary Pre-requisites Programmes (PRPs)
- Gain advice on specific GMP issues from a range of company representatives and get indicative costs for good / services.
- Be capable of strengthening their own in-house GMP’s
- Understand the importance of the GMP’s as a necessary first step on the route to becoming HACCP compliant
- Gain first hand insight from food safety professionals who have implemented HACCP systems within Barbados companies.
To register, please download the registration form at http://www.bidc.org/forms and submit it by clicking on the 'Submit form' button or email to Jalisa Holder at email@example.com.
Registration fee of Bds$50.00 per person for the Workshop to be made at the Cashier's booth, BIDC's Head Office, Pelican House, Princess Alice Highway, Bridgetown, no later than the morning of the Workshop.
The Expo is free of cost.