INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EMPOWERMENT FOR DESIGNERS & ARTISTS
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 09:00 to 17:30
Building #2, Harbour Industrial Estate, Bridgetown, St. Michael
The Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIDC) in collaboration with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) will be hosting a two-day Regional Workshop on Intellectual Property (IP) and Design on Tuesday, October 29, and Wednesday, October 30, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.The workshop will address two themes:
- IP topics and challenges specific to designers, and
- The relationships between gender, IP and design
Participants are expected to gain invaluable knowledge from presentations customized for their specific needs, which will include:
- IP definitions, issues and discussions specific to the design arena
- Information on how to both leverage and protect their IP when “going global’
- Case studies and panel discussions featuring designers and success stories; as well as case studies featuring regional design initiatives
- Guidance on how to engage and empower women in the design industry
For additional information, please contact Ms. Stella Hackett at tel. no. 427-5350 Ext. 8644 or Ms. Julia Clarke at Ext. 8702, or email email@example.com.
The cost of the Workshop is BDS$150 for both days, or $85 for one (1) day. Payment can be made at the Cashier, BIDC’s Head Office, Pelican House, Princess Alice Highway, no later than the morning of the Workshop.