PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 09:00 to 16:00
Bagnall's Point Gallery, Pelican Industrial Park, St. Michael, Bridgetown
The Barbados Investment & Development Corporation (BIDC) and the Barbados Agricultural Development and Marketing Corporation (BADMC) are partnering with Auburn University to deliver training to businesses within the Condiments Sector.
This training will take place on 22nd and 23rd May 2019 at Bagnall’s Point Gallery, Pelican Industrial Park, St. Michael. The sessions will run from 9:00 am to 4:00 p.m. and will be delivered as follows:
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- The principles of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Food microbiology
- Rules and Regulations, Standardized Methods, Processing Ingredients, Regulations for selling food products in the US
- Training in the areas of better process control and preventive controls for human foods, and records keeping
- Thursday, May 23, 2019
- The functions of all the ingredients in Jams and Jellies including (Pectin, sugar, fruit and its acidity)
- Methods of thermal processing, containers and lids, and methods for testing gel
For any additional information, please contact Mr. Glendon Ashby, Business Development Officer at telephone numbers 427-5350 ext. 8555, or 280-3901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fee of Bds$50.00 to be paid at the Cashier, BIDC 's Head Office, Pelican House, Princess Alice Highway, Bridgetown. The deadline for registration is 14th May 2019.
Lunch and Break will be provided.